The WMPCC creates subcommittees as needed and based on the following seven goals adopted in 2014:
- Increase their supplier and vendor diversity & inclusion.
- Collaborate with K-12 systems to narrow the achievement gap for college readiness for students of color.
- Increase the recruitment, retention and graduation rates of students of color.
- Assess the impact of campus diversity on all students.
- Increase recruitment, promotion and retention of faculty and staff of color.
- Increase recruitment, promotion and retention of faculty and staff whose primary job responsibilities involve work with diversity-related content, people or initiatives.
- Reflect commitment to diversity and inclusion in policies and position descriptions.